If you plan to sell tyres and wheels, create first categories for them.
Categories Tyres, Wheels, etc should be at top level, then create test product in each of this categories, it
helps to setup other steps.
In these categories you will place tyre and wheel brands and assign it to products.
You can skip this step if import free test database from this site.
Categories will be setupped automatically during import.
See import step below.
4. Import and products
Please, visit our import docs page, download
TestDB of tyres and just import it into Woo, using standard import (Products > import).
Import docs: test Tyre DB
5. Tyre Product Filter
This plugin works on catalog and shop pages of Woo.
You can set it in Widgets > Widgets list > Add to sidebar.
Do not forget to set working category for Filter widget.
You can set both Filters (Wheel and Tyre), because you can set different categories for them.
Filter do not work in other categories and will not show.
6. Tyre Finder
For start plugin you should upload Vehicle Fitment DB. You can do it via plugin options, see top of page.
It's simple: select DB file (it can be any, packed .zip or unpacked) and save settings.
You can check result after import, at top of page you should see count of imported records.
Several houndreds it's for test Vehicle Fitment DB.
By default finder will redirect to filter, for zero installation, so that's all for setup this plugin.
8. Wheels and Tyres
You can separate Tyres and Wheels by categories. Then brands, then models, like tree.
These categories can be set in Custom Metadata plugin, in Filter and Finder plugin options.
This is check list for setup tyres and wheels step-by-step:
- Create separate product categories at top level: Tyres, Wheels.
- Create sample products within categories: create products and check box for category.
- Open Tyre Custom Metadata options and setup "Tyres" category for tyres and "Wheels" for wheels.
- Check result: open two previous products, tyre and wheel, you should see wheel metabox ONLY for wheel and tyre metabox ONLY for tyre.
- Filter. You should setup BOTH two filters on sidebar, but separate it for user via widget setting. Set different categories.
- Check result: you should see only tyre widget in tyre shop category and wheel widget in wheel